Culture, Events and Tourism Assistant
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Welcome tourists and visitors to the site.
* Educate local and visiting populations about the cultural and heritage significance of buildings, monuments, artefacts, and landscapes.
* Assist with coordination of cultural activities, special events, and annual celebrations in a rural community, including Summerfest and Kids Camp, Gold Bridge Days, and Canada Day.
* Distribute promotional and educational materials.
* Promote tourism products.
* Research and provide heritage and geological interpretation about the area’s flora and fauna, as well as local heritage sites such as Gold Bridge Cemetery, Bralorne Church, Haylmore Heritage Site, and Bralorne Pioneer Museum.
* Conduct interpretive tours of historical attractions and engage visitors with gold panning activities.
* Other responsibilities include maintaining records of all activities on the site, ensuring the facility is clean and safe, selling ice cream or other seasonal goodies, as well as liaising and working with local artisans on-site.
The start for this position is preferably in May, however a later start time can be considered as long you work 8 weeks before the end of August.
The position is 30 hours per week and some weekend/weekend day work part of the position.
Hourly rate will be well above minimum wage and will depend on skills and experience.
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
Please contact email@example.com for more details or to submit your resume.