Category: Job Opportunities
Lajoie Lake Watershed Project Research Assistant – Partnership between LaJoie Lake Residents and the Bridge River Valley Community Association
This job will appeal to students with academic studies related to Master of Science, Environmental Sciences, Fish, Wildlife and Recreation, Environmental Engineering. This position will directly focus on research and interpretation of environmental data collected from watersheds within the Lajoie Lake area.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Review historical data collections and related information.
* Analyze research data, interpret results, and coordinate study activities.
* Conduct interviews of area residents and government officials regarding historical changes to Lajoie Lake.
* Collect water chemistry, phytoplankton and zooplankton depth stratified samples from the lake and major inlet and outlets at two-week intervals from ice-off to late August.
* Communicate with stakeholders and project collaborators.
* Review human activities in the watershed over the past century (logging, mining, road construction and residential development) and determine if/how these activities may relate to perceived changes in water quality (i.e. identify stressors).
* Develop a restoration plan in the form of a Master of Science report to BC Institute of Technology and Simon Fraser University.
The start for this position is preferably in May, however a later start time can be considered as long you work 8 weeks before the end of August.
The position is 30 hours per week and some weekend/weekend day work part of the position.
Hourly rate will be well above minimum wage and will depend on skills and experience.
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
Please contact email@example.com for more details or to submit your resume.
Expression of Interest – Accountant for two year period 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 Fiscal Years:
Bridge River Valley Community Association is seeking to retain an accountant;
– to prepare Notice to Reader financial statements (and periodically Review Engagement level) for a incorporated Non-profit society that has a decentralized, umbrella type operating structure
-provides consulting assistance to our Board Treasurer and Financial Administrator on proper use of Quick Books
-works with Board Treasurer and Financial Administrator to prepare financial statements which reflect the operating Structure in a way that follows Accounting Principles but that also communicates with membership in an understandable (and therefore transparent) way
-undertakes adjusting entries in Quickbooks Non Profits -assist in reviewing financial policies and practices
Please provide us estimates of cost to prepare financial statements and also hourly consulting rate. We can provide trial balance type information.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org