Category: Job Opportunities
Under the supervision of the Board of Directors or Summer Supervisor, the Event & Activity Coordinator is responsible for coordinating events and activities within the following list of events and activities:
- Haylmore Heritage Site Events: May Long Weekend Season Opener Summerfest Events July –August)
- Summer Events (maybe connected to #2) Gold Bridge Based Summer Event Kids Camps
- Canada Day
- Thanksgiving/or/Xmas Event
- Remembrance Day
Events/Activities may be added on mutual agreement and total hours revised.
- Developing activities and partnerships related to event delivery in coordination with the other staff• Preparing and managing event budgets
- Work in close cooperation with the various BRVCA staff to lever available time and resources
- • Supervising event personnel – staff and volunteers
- Booking performers as required
- • Providing written event evaluations and reports
- • Working with the staff
- • Maintaining equipment related to event delivery
- • Assisting with event related sponsorships and grant applications
- • Working with community partners in delivering and promoting events
- • Participating in social media initiatives
You possess high energy, initiative, and a passion for events.
• You have outstanding relationship building and communication skills.
• You analyze visitor feedback and can articulate strategic recommendations.
• You efficiently multitask and effectively solve problems.
• You work effectively with cross-functional teams as both a leader and a participant.
• You act with uncompromising honesty, integrity and ethics.
• You energize others – lead by example, recognize contributions and celebrate
• You search for opportunities and are willing experiment and take risks.
• You exhibit a business mindset with a drive for results.
Combination of education and work experience related
• Experience in special events, hospitality tourism, cultural attractions or related subjects.
• Proven success record in leadership and managing people.
• Experience working with the public and children.
• Fluent in English, with communication skills.
• Experience working with volunteers an asset.
• Knowledge of other language is an asset.
This position will be offered on either an employment or contract basis. Contractors must provide certificate of insurance.
You do not need to live in the Bridge River Valley full time however:
-an excellent capability to work remotely must be demonstrated
-an ability to travel and stay in the Valley regularly and as needed
Hours: 300 hours Nov. 1, 2022 (or prorated to start date) to October 31, 2023
(Hours per week will be self managed to achieve goals.)
Hourly pay rate range is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
5% incentive based on cash based sponsorships and other revenues received per event (to be included in event budgets). This does not include grant funding from various sources (SLRD, NDIT, etc)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250 238 2534 to apply or for more information.
Expression of Interest – Construction Manager – Bralorne Mines Office Rehabilitation
The BRVCA is seeking expressions of interest from qualified construction managers for the Bralorne Mines Office Rehabilitation. The scope of project work involves structural upgrades to wood framing and new concrete and wood frames stairs/ramps, HVAC/plumbing replacement, electrical system and lighting upgrades, new sprinkler system and fire alarm system, new partitions and interior finishes, and exterior grading and drainage works. The scope of CM services include site supervision, work by own forces, and management of specific trade contracts made directly with BRVCA.
A CCDC 5 Construction Management Standard Contract with Supplemental Conditions tailored to this project will be the form of agreement.
Please forward a CV outlining your residential and heritage rehabilitation expertise and project history, as well as local availability for this approximately 18 month duration project in Bralorne to email@example.com.
Expression of Interest Requested – Initial Scope of Work – May 2, 2022
Click here for details: https://bit.ly/38IFQaS
Contract opportunity: Concrete forming opportunity (front stairs and wall)
Click here: https://bit.ly/3w76dAo
Expressions of Interest requested for Electrical and Plumbing subtrades
Click here: https://bit.ly/38heJE9
Carpenters Needed: https://bit.ly/39EcFGM
On Call/Relief Office Work and Project/Event Coordination
The Bridge River Valley Community Association has a position available for on call/relief office work and small project/event coordination.
Depending on specific needs some work at times will need to be done in the office during regular office hours while other work can be done from a home office.
Specific work could include: providing relief in the office for vacation/sickness; assisting with small event coordination (i.e. Canada Day), assisting with specific projects such as canvassing for a visitor’s guide as an example.
Skills and Experience Desired:
-Technologically savy with ability to navigate various software such as Microsoft Office, Email programs, and other cloud based software
-Ability to use software that provides for organization of files, emails and other documents
Other needed qualities:
-Ability to navigate in a nuanced complex environment working with people in different roles
-Ability to manage oneself while working with well defined policies and procedures
-Desire to learn more about non-profit functioning and governance
-Ability to hold information in confidence in a small community
Hourly rate is dependent on skills and experience, however will be above going market hourly rate.
More than one person may be hired to provide the needed coverage.
This opportunity will remain open until filled. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and/or to receive a call back.
The Bralorne Recreation Area is requesting Expression of Interest in trail construction contracts for Sunshine Mountain Recreation Area. For more information, including supplementary documents please click on the link below.
Bridge River Valley Trails Committee
Request for Expressions of Interest
Position: Trails Coordinator
The Bridge River Valley Trails Committee seeks an individual or organization to administer the area trails coordination for 2022.
The Bridge River Valley Trails Committee is a committee of the Bridge River Valley Community Association (BRVCA). The committee is responsible for coordinating and funding the maintenance of existing trails within the upper Bridge River Valley, excluding trails within provincial park boundaries.
Type of position: Contractor or Contract/Term Employee
Reports to: Bridge River Valley Trails Committee
Period of contract: April 18, 2022 – September 30, 2022 – 24 weeks
Hours per week: Average of 20 hours/week or 480 total hours as required to fulfill deliverables
Rate of pay: Range of $25-$30 per hour, depending on experience
Consideration will be given to either an employment or contracting relationship. Note that contractors for the Bridge River Valley Community Association are required to carry commercial general liability insurance of no less than $1 million, as well as Worksafe insurance. Employees of the Bridge River Valley Community Association will be covered under the BRVCA’s insurance and Worksafe programs.
The Trails Coordinator position shall be performed from a personal/home office. The successful candidate will supply, at their own cost, a home office, including a computer, internet access and telephone, and a vehicle. An office/transportation allowance will be provided.
Preference will be given to a resident or property owner of the Bridge River Valley, though the primary criteria for the position will be suitable skills and experience.
- Plan and oversee the execution of the Gun Lake Trail Restoration project, including coordinating volunteers and any paid sub-contractors as required.
- Plan and execute a volunteer trail day in each of the Bralorne, Gun Lake, Marshall Lake and Tyaughton Lake trail areas.
- Coordinate the completion of any work required to register the Lick Creek, Stelly and Kingdom Lake trails with the Province.
- Complete data collection and follow up on the Section 57 application on the Taylor Creek trail, and completing registration (to the extent possible).
- Work with the Lillooet Tribal Council, St’at’imc Government Services and other First Nations governments as appropriate to pursue an extension of the Memorandum of Understanding on trails management.
- Data collection and arrangement for St’at’imc Heritage Field Reviews/other consultation on selection of trails as designated by the trails committee.
- Monitor trails either in-person or through social media/word of mouth and coordinate or execute ongoing minor trail maintenance.
- Coordinate with other agencies and businesses regarding trail initiatives.
- Maintain a social media presence on the various BRV trails social media platforms.
- Previous trail maintenance experience with a demonstrated understanding of trail building and maintenance best practices. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a recognized trail builder program.
- Experience with the use of trail maintenance tools, including chain saw. Completion of the Basic Chainsaw Operation course or equivalent.
- An understanding of the Provincial framework for registering trails.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and use of a motor vehicle suitable for driving in the Bridge River Valley
- Access to a computer, telephone and internet. Computer literacy and experience using digital mapping applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing projects, including managing budgets and reporting results.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to manage and report on budgets.
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside in the Bridge River Valley and who are very familiar with the Bridge River Valley trails.
Additional/Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant and practical knowledge of systems, policies, and process within the provincial recreation framework.
- Experience in forestry management, tenure management, and community association/committee administration.
- Level 1 First Aid Ticket.
Submission of Proposal:
- Please send resume with cover letter and two references via email to email@example.com
- Deadline for proposal submissions is March 16, 2022, close of business
Preparing and Restaining 4 Gateway Entry Kiosks and Gold Bridge Entrance Sign
Objective / Purpose
To prepare and restain:
4 Gateway Entry Kiosks – Yalakom Rd/Road 40; Tyaughton Lake Rd./Road 40; GoldBridge Bridge/Road 40, Hurley/E. Hurley Interesection
To prepare and restain:
Gold Bridge Entrance Sign
Must be completed by September 15, 2022
Background / History
The kiosks and Gold Bridge Sign were last prepped and stained 5 years ago.
Service / Work Requirements
-Please describe how kiosks and sign will be prepared for staining
-Please describe how kiosks and sign will be stained
-Please describe all materials to be used.
The proponent should state their pricing proposal (e.g. fixed pricing, price per hour / day, usually with a ceiling, including or excluding out of pocket expenses, time and materials etc.)
Scope of Service or Work Change
If the scope of service or work changes for any unforeseen reason, the (BRVCA Committee) has to approve the scope change.
Proponent Organization / Profile / Technical Skills / Experience
-Proponent shall identify relevant management, administrative, and financial capabilities as well as technical and necessary skills, qualifications, experience, and equipment that they consider appropriate to the evaluation of their ability to successfully undertake the proposed contract and meet the ROI objectives.
-WorkSafeBC Number will be required unless the proponent optionally and at the discretion of the BRVCA make the proponent an employee so that the proponent will work under the BRVCA’s WorkSafeBC Policy.
-General Commercial Liability Insurance Policy must be submitted unless the proponent optionally and at the discretion of the BRVCA make the proponent an employee so that the proponent will work under the BRVCA’s General Commercial Liability Insurance Policy.
-Pricing format to be part of the submission if required.
Submission of Proposal
-Proponent shall submit a signed copy of the proposal either by mail, dropped off at the Gold Bridge Community Resource Building or via e-mail.
-All proposals must be submitted to the BRVCA by March 30th 2022.
Gold Bridge Community Resource Building
104 Haylmore St.
Gold Bridge B.C.
Bridge River Valley Community Association’s e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bridge River Valley Community Association has several locations that will require snow clearing from Nov 1, 2021 – March 30, 2022 as needed.
Historic Bralorne Pioneer Mines Office Building
This will involve some snow clearing where a quad/truck on the alley on the back side is needed as well as shoveling stairs in heavy snow conditions.
The modified stairs (1/2) will require hand shoveling in snow conditions and the application of de-icer.
Temporary Museum Location – Bralorne
This will require mostly shovelling a path from road to door. If quad/truck is available plowing the berm away that IRL leaves.
This is mostly shovelling on an as needed basis (we will usually advise) to keep pathway to stair, stairs and side door clear. We don’t anticipate this due to events not being able to be held due to COVID19 but it may become possible.
Suitable for quad with plow, truck with plow or full equipment. Please let us know if you are interested and what you would charge. Email email@example.com
LAJOIE LAKE RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
A COMMITTEE OF THE BRIDGE RIVER VALLEY COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The Lajoie Lake Residents Association (LLRA), a Committee of the Bridge River Valley Community Association (BRVCA), is seeking a qualified contractor to undertake the acquisition of permits from British Columbia government ministries to carry out an aeration project in Lajoie Lake.
RFP Bid Submission Opens: August 16, 2021 RFP Bid Submission Ends: September 3, 2021
Start date of the contract: September 20, 2021
BACKGROUND / HISTORY
Lajoie Lake is a part of the Bridge River and Gun Lake Watershed and is believed to be suffering from a lack of oxygen. Intermittent mechanical aeration of Lajoie Lake has been recommended for a span of five years. Air will be pumped into Lajoie Lake for approximately five weeks in the spring and five weeks in the autumn. Permits are required prior to commencement of aeration project activities.
PROPONENT ORGANIZATION / PROFILE / TECHNICAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Please provide a signed Proposal or Quote including:
Proof of your qualifications and two references.
Must have a successful track-record and experience working with appropriate BC government environmental ministries and related agencies associated with the scope of this work.
A description of your agenda, timeline, and anticipated scope of work.
The fixed price you will charge for the work.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Contractor proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for proposal submissions is 4:00 pm on September 3, 2021.
Please contact Norman Gladstone, Chair, Lajoie Lake Residents Association at email@example.com if further details are required in preparing your proposal submission.