Category: Job Opportunities
The Bralorne Pioneer Museum is seeking an experienced woodworker to restore/rebuild the Red Ore Car.
It has really deteriorated just in the last couple of years and we need to restore it before it completely collapses.
This can be a contract or volunteer position, either way it is going to be a labor of love.
The ore car can be removed to do this.
The Heritage will provide advice and direction from a Heritage standpoint to the project.
Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or PM us on Facebook.
The Bridge River Valley Community Association has several locations that will require snow clearing:
*Community Resource Building – Parking Lot Snow Plowing*
We are currently looking for a contractor or volunteer who will snow plow the small parking lot at the Community Resource Building and keep the stairs, walkways free of snow. Sanding may be required. This clearing must be done on a very regular basis and during snow falls.
*Historic Bralorne Pioneer Mines Office Building*
This will involve some snow clearing where a quad/truck is needed as well as shoveling stairs in heavy snow conditions.
*Temporary Museum Location – Bralorne*
This will require mostly shovelling a path from road to door. If quad/truck is available plowing the berm away that IRL leaves.
This is mostly shovelling on an as needed basis (we will usually advise) to keep pathway to stair, stairs and side door clear.
*Bridge River Valley Cemetery*
This, as per the church, will mostly be shovelling on an as needed basis (not necessarily when snowfall occurs) to keep a basic pathway open.
**Suitable for quad with plow, truck with plow or full equipment.
Please let us know if you are interested. We are prepared to look at more than one contractor to cover these. Email email@example.com
Minor Painting Jobs
There are a variety of minor painting jobs that are suitable for someone who likes to paint.
They can be done by a volunteer (supplies paid) or a contract.
The current list include (but there are more):
-small washroom with new drywall
-outside door needs sanding and small amount of painting
-small wood sign needs sanding and repainting
-outdoor wooden walkway needs sanding and potentially repaint/stain
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Cleaning Opportunity – Museum and Church – Expressions of Interest
Interested parties can submit and email outlining experience and hourly rate. Please submit by Friday, June 26. Send us an email at email@example.com if you are interested.
Also indicated is whether they have Worksafe coverage in which case this can be a contract, if they do not have Worksafe coverage they will need to be an employee of BRVCA.
Church– The first clean will need a thorough dusting/vacuuming in the Church itself with washing of inside windows carefully as per Heritage Guidelines laid out in the Bralorne Church Operational Plan.
-Thorough cleaning of the downstairs, it will likely be pretty “construction” dusty. This was also need to be done to a COVID standard at this time.
-Thereafter once/month – end of July /end of Aug /end of Sept. unless there are bookings at which point it will be COVID strength of
cleaning for floors/washroom/counters in the downstairs but Church remains same as per Heritage Guidelines.
Museum – Window Washing
Wash the 3767 Lillooet Pioneer Rd. (Musseum) windows inside and out.
Wash Window Frames inside and out.
Wash Door Windows Inside and Out.
Museum – Monthly Cleaning June – October
Clean floors, washrooms, work areas to COVID standard (disinfect) (list to be supplied)
Clean exhibit areas using Heritage Guidelines (to be supplied).
Looking for a carpenter to do a small job at Gun Lake, approx 2-3 days of framing work.
Contact Ed Nightingale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lajoie Lake Watershed Project Research Assistant – Partnership between LaJoie Lake Residents and the Bridge River Valley Community Association
This job will appeal to students with academic studies related to Master of Science, Environmental Sciences, Fish, Wildlife and Recreation, Environmental Engineering. This position will directly focus on research and interpretation of environmental data collected from watersheds within the Lajoie Lake area.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Review historical data collections and related information.
* Analyze research data, interpret results, and coordinate study activities.
* Conduct interviews of area residents and government officials regarding historical changes to Lajoie Lake.
* Collect water chemistry, phytoplankton and zooplankton depth stratified samples from the lake and major inlet and outlets at two-week intervals from ice-off to late August.
* Communicate with stakeholders and project collaborators.
* Review human activities in the watershed over the past century (logging, mining, road construction and residential development) and determine if/how these activities may relate to perceived changes in water quality (i.e. identify stressors).
* Develop a restoration plan in the form of a Master of Science report to BC Institute of Technology and Simon Fraser University.
The start for this position is preferably in May, however a later start time can be considered as long you work 8 weeks before the end of August.
The position is 30 hours per week and some weekend/weekend day work part of the position.
Hourly rate will be well above minimum wage and will depend on skills and experience.
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
Please contact email@example.com for more details or to submit your resume.
Expression of Interest – Accountant for two year period 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 Fiscal Years:
Bridge River Valley Community Association is seeking to retain an accountant;
– to prepare Notice to Reader financial statements (and periodically Review Engagement level) for a incorporated Non-profit society that has a decentralized, umbrella type operating structure
-provides consulting assistance to our Board Treasurer and Financial Administrator on proper use of Quick Books
-works with Board Treasurer and Financial Administrator to prepare financial statements which reflect the operating Structure in a way that follows Accounting Principles but that also communicates with membership in an understandable (and therefore transparent) way
-undertakes adjusting entries in Quickbooks Non Profits -assist in reviewing financial policies and practices
Please provide us estimates of cost to prepare financial statements and also hourly consulting rate. We can provide trial balance type information.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org