Tourism & Events Assistant
Tourism, Culture, & Events Assistant
- Welcome tourists and visitors to the site;
- Educate local and visiting populations about the cultural and heritage significance of buildings, monuments, artefacts, and landscapes;
- Distribute promotional and educational materials;
- Promote tourism products;
- Research and provide heritage and geological interpretation about the area’s flora and fauna, as well as local heritage sites such as the Gold Bridge Cemetery, Boultbee Memorial Church, Haylmore Heritage Site, Bralorne Pioneer Museum;
- Engage visitors in dialogue about cultural traditions and folklore;
- Encourage visits to the Bralorne Pioneer Museum;
- Conduct interpretive tours of historical attractions and engage visitors with gold panning activities;
- Assist with cultural activities, special events and annual celebrations including Summerfest, Gold Bridge Days, and Canada Day;
- Other responsibilities include maintaining records of all activities on the site, ensuring the facility is clean and safe, selling ice cream or other seasonal goodies, as well as liaising and working with local artisans on-site.
Successful applicant will be provided opportunity to take part in safety training courses offered through BRVCA-Valley Wide Training
The position is 30 hours per week for 8 weeks. You must be 15 to 30 years old. Hourly rate is dependent on skills and experience but is well above minimum wage. It is NOT necessary that you be returning to school. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (250)238-2534 for more information.