Heritage Museum Assistant
Heritage Museum Assistant – Young Canada Works confirmed funding.
This Young Canada Works student position is intended to focus mainly on the Bralorne Pioneer Museum’s digitization for preservation project.
- Job orientation, safety training, Heritage Site valley tour.
- Ten hours of training with an IT Specialist and Museum Specialist on use of equipment and software for digitization project, as well as project procedures.
- Undertake the tasks of scanning, cataloguing, and storing historical photographs.
- Backup digital images, enter metadata, and upload images to PastPerfect Online Collections, Museum Website, and to Artefacts Canada for public use.
- Conduct research for historic collections and specific artefacts for metadata input.
- Increase personal knowledge of the area’s rich history, heritage, and culture.
- Participate in Canada Day Celebrations and other community events.
- Help visitors to interpret and enjoy exhibits and collections at the Bralorne Pioneer Museum.
- Carry out administrative tasks and cleaning.
- Assist Museum staff with moving and changing displays and exhibits.
- Assist with preparing preservation of collections and artefacts for winter storage.
- Aid in preparing and submitting statistics, reports, and recommendations for future summer student experiences.
This is a 16 week, 30 hour per week position. (although we can modify the weeks if necessary). Hourly rate will be contigent upon skills and experience, however
Will be well above minimum wage. Unlike the Canada Summer Jobs, this position requires a student returning to school in the fall or winter and must be between
15 and 30. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (250)238-2534 for more information.