Ec Dev Capacity Building Contractor
The Economic Development Committee of BRVCA is seeking a qualified and experienced economic development contractor to work on the following workplan. The funding to do this work comes from the SLRD, via the NDIT Economic Capacity
- Continue to build relationships with First Nations having traditional territories thatinclude the Bridge River Valley including invitation to visit and tour current experiences in the Bridge River Valley
Business Development, Retention & Expansion
A. Potential Business Support (New or Growth)
- Provide support to investors/entrepreneurs consideringbusiness opportunities in the Bridge River Valley
- Support specific potential investors and business owners in information and data support
- Bradian owners – follow up
B. Micro Business Development
- Interview Artisans to determine level of readiness for online – design training & Marketing
- Specific practical actions developed from 2018 Business Needs Survey to improve information, communication, advertising and/or identify what currently exists in an area identified for needing improvement
Economic Development Support
A. Build relationships with those doing business in the Valley
· Assist with development and delivery of MOU signing ceremony
· Identify specific Mineral Exploration and Mine business needs from the Community for 1, 3 and 10 yr. via 1/2 day workshop/meeting
B. School Sustainability
- Support working group with advice to & implementation of their workplan
- Explore possible partnership opportunities
- Promote with visiting travel media
- Follow up with Senior Marketing partners re Story Starter
- Follow up with Local Tourism Providers re Story Starter
C. Access to the Valley
- Summarize business case for access improvements (collective contributions to the Provincial economy including tourism, forestry, mining, energy generation), consider MoT current investment levels, postulate the opportunity cost of poor access through interview and defensible assumptions and define the ‘ask’ of government
- Develop Action Plan that includes not before tried tactics – lobbyist, video, etc.
The preferred contractor will have a very good knowledge of the Bridge River Valley and the economic situation.
The contractor must demonstrate ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
Budget information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit and expression of interest to email@example.com by April 22, 2019. The position is currently
subject to final funding processes.